So, I think that most of us go through periods of time when we are uncontrollably drawn to certain things in fashion, decor, etc. I am no stranger to this & have thrown together a list of things I can’t stop flocking towards…
Let me first preface this with saying that my move to Miami in less than a months time seems to be influencing my new found obsessions.
- Dainty jewelry – Gold, silver, beaded, I don’t care. I want it all. I have really small hands so am digging the rings and bracelets that are almost non-existent.
- Starburst & geometric shaped accessories – See what I mean about Miami influences? South Beach art deco flair all the way.
- Neon – mainly accessories or clothing with accents of neon but I can’t leave it alone. ‘Tis the season for it although I believe I’ve come to terms with the fact that I think neon is appropriate year round. Whoops. “You’re tacky & I hate you.” School of Rock? Anyone? Anyone?
- Tropical – palm leaves, flamingos, coconuts & especially sharks. In love. Can’t resist. Give it to me… NOW.
- Hoop earrings – Yes, hoops. Da bigger da hoop… Well, you know the rest & if you don’t you’re probably a more refined human than I. Congrats.
- Ear climbers, crawlers & cuffs – These are so perfect in so many ways. They can make such a killer statement without having to have a huge dangling earring [which I love, too] but nice to change it up. Also, great for when you need to get your hair up for a formal event i.e. wedding & they’re also a little on the edgy side.
- Matte lips – I’m usually a creamy/ lip gloss type of chick because those are a little easier to wear, but I am all about a matte lip lately. The lipstick pictured is a GREAT option for beginners if you don’t know how you feel about the whole look. It’s from Jordana – Matte Blush & it was $1.99…. wtf. Smells [tastes] like Mac & wears awesome!
I’ll most definitely update you when my new obsessions roll around. Maybe you can be inspired to add a few of these items into your summer get ups. These no doubt are my current creme de la creme loves.
XX – Rachael Diane